Ddakdugi, Korean Cubed Radish Kimchi
This is my most favorite kimchi. I love the crunch and peppery bite! It’s also so easy to make.
The radish may be the hardest ingredient to buy but you can substitute a daikon or even the small salad radishes although the flavor will be different. I really do recommend checking out Asian grocery stores to look for ingredients.
- 1 Muu or Korean radish, daikon will work in a pinch
- 2-4 tablespoons salt to taste
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar to taste
- 1/4 cup - 3/4 cup Korean red pepper flakes to taste
- 2-4 bunches of green onions sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 thumb of ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Peel and cube the radish.
- Toss with sugar and salt to draw out moisture and flavor.
- Drain water and put water aside.
- Toss the green onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and fish sauce in the radish. Add some reserved water to thin out the mixture.
- Place in a jar or other container.