Thai Beef Salad
This is an amazing meal to put together when you have no time. The ingredients are few, it’s quick, and oh so pretty. It’s also extremely versatile because you can put whatever vegetables you want in it.
I really enjoy making this in the summer time. The garden is abundant with salad fixings and it’s easy to toss a piece of steak on the grill. This recipe even works when entertaining.
In the video I used a flank steak but I think I prefer to do this with a skirt steak but really you can use any cut of meat you like. Same with the veggies. I like to use all the colors because what is more beautiful than a colorful plate that catches the eye but if you have allergies or just plain don’t like something, feel free to change it up or substitute. You can do whatever you like.
- Flank or skirt steak ( about a quarter pound to half pound per person)
- Fresh salad mix
- Red pepper, sliced
- Red onion, sliced thinly
- Cucumber, seeded and sliced
- Carrot, shredded
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- Garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Fish sauce or soy sauce
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper the steak. Grill until desired doneness. Set aside and let it rest for ten minutes.
- Slice vegetables and assemble salad.
- Mix garlic chili sauce, sugar, lime juice, and fish sauce together. Set aside.
- Slice beef against the grain and place on top of salad. Drizzle chili dressing on top and serve.