Easy Strawberry Ice Cream
Even after making fresh strawberry jam earlier this week we still have quite a few strawberries left for other yummy things like strawberry ice cream. Nothing beats homemade ice cream.
Read the labels when buying cream. Most creams have additives that help them whip up but they cause ice creams to have a filmy texture in the mouth so make sure you are choosing a cream that is one hundred percent. Most stores carry them but I really suggest making friends with a local farmer just in case. There’s nothing like having fresh cream available.
I use an ice cream machine in the video but having one isn’t necessary. You can mix all the ingredients together, including the cream, and pour into a freezer safe bowl. Place it in the freezer. Every half hour or so check on it and stir it. Repeat this until it freezes. If you make an insane amount of ice cream, like we do, then looking into getting an ice cream machine might not be a bad idea.
- 1 lb strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 small squeeze of lemon juice, less than a tablespoon
- 3/4 - 1 cup of sugar
- 1 dash of vanilla, optional
- Hull and chop strawberries.
- Mix sugar, strawberries, and lemon juice until combined.
- Pour cream into ice cream machine along with strawberry mixture and vanilla, if using. Turn on for roughly 45 minutes.
- When ice cream is done, serve immediately or store in a freezer safe container in the freezer.