Tortillas de Harina, Flour Tortillas
Delicious soft flour tortillas can be made at home too. They take a little longer, make a little mess, and require some more effort but they are delicious. This recipe make twenty so it’s enough for some tacos and then I use the rest to make freezer burritos.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together until well combined.
- Mix in oil and water until combined.
- Turn mixture onto floured surface and knead for 3 to 8 minutes.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces and form pieces into balls. Place in a bowl, cover, and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat skillet, griddle, or pan to medium-high.
- Roll each dough bad out to desired size and cook on griddle. Flipping until desired color is reached.