It’s grilling season and I know everyone is cooking wonderful gourmet burgers. The best way to enjoy those burgers is on a wonderful Brioche bun. These buns have more substance which makes them awesome for holding your juicy burger.
- 3 cups bread flour (all purpose works in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk (egg white reserved for wash)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Dump all of the ingredients into a stand mixer except the reserved egg white. With a cake paddle, knead the dough for ten minutes on medium speed.
- Place kneaded dough in an uncreased bowl. Cover and let rise for an hour.
- After the first proof place dough in refrigerator over night.
- Remove dough and divide into 8 balls. Roll each ball and flatten. Place on baking tray. Cover and set tray aside to proof for an hour to an hour and a half.
- Halfway through proof preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bake buns for 18-20 minutes.