Crockpot Pulled Pork with Peach Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
This recipe is so delicious and so simple. I was introduced to crockpot pulled pork by my friend Kim B. many years ago along with homemade barbecue sauce. I love that it’s easy, can feed an army, freezes well, and is a crowd pleaser.
- 6 pound pork butt/shoulder
- 6-7 cups tomato puree/sauce
- 2 cups of peaches
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce depending on taste
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- dash of chili powder
- Place pork in crockpot with garlic, salt, and pepper. Set for 6-8 hours and cook.
- In a large pot, combine peaches, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, bourbon, mustard, and chili powder. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer.
- Simmer sauce down until it reduces to desired thickness. Taste and adjust flavor to desired taste.
- When pork is done place it on a dish to cool slightly before shredding. Serve on a plate or sandwich with peach barbecue sauce and enjoy.