Decadent Chocolate Zucchini Bread
If you are a gardener or know a gardener then you are probably being flooded with zucchini right now. Fear not because this recipe is a delicious way to use up the zucchini and even share it with friends. I use it as a sneaky way to my hubby to eat some veggies:)
In the video I happen to use duck eggs because my mother-in-law brought me some since she knows I love to back and duck eggs are excellent for baking. Don’t worry if you don’t have duck eggs because chicken eggs are great too. One duck egg is the equivalent of 1 1/2 chicken eggs so two duck eggs is the same as three chicken eggs.
- 3 eggs (chicken) or 2 duck eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups zucchini ,shredded
- 1 cup vegetable oil or other flavorless oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugars, oil, vanilla, and zucchini.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add chocolate chips. Stir until just combined.
- Divide batter into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.
- Let cool before serving.
- Delicious Chocolate Zucchini Bread | Kimchi & Cornbread – Easy Low Cal Recipes - […] Decadent Chocolate Zucchini Bread […]