Orange Cardamom Mini Bundt Cake
This cake is so easy to make but looks so impressive when you serve it. It’s also a perfect dessert to share with a date so keep this in mind for your next date night!
Most people know how much I love cardamom. It is a simple spice with a slight hint of floral. I’ve had it in savory dishes as well as desserts. It’s that fun spice that you add to a dish that everyone compliments but can’t seem to name. It pairs well with any citrus and for this dessert I chose orange. They are in season right now and I had a few I needed to use up.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2/3 cup canola oil or similar flavorless oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Into the dry ingredients, mix in orange juice, oil, orange zest, vanilla, and eggs until combined.
- Grease mini bundt cavities with oil or baking spray.
- Divide batter between 8 cavities and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool between 10-20 minutes before removing from bundt pan. Use a toothpick to help if the car seems stuck. Let the cakes cool fully.
- For the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and orange juice. Feel free to add more sugar or juice to get a consistency you like.
- Drizzle the glaze over each mini bundt and serve.