It’s National Doughnut Day and what better way to celebrate than by making these easy and delicious chocolate glazed mini donuts!
If you are a gardener or know a gardener then you are probably being flooded with zucchini right now. Fear not because this recipe is a delicious way to use up the zucchini and even share it with friends. I use it as a sneaky way to my hubby to eat some veggies:)
It’s grilling season and I know everyone is cooking wonderful gourmet burgers. The best way to enjoy those burgers is on a wonderful Brioche bun. These buns have more substance which makes them awesome for holding your juicy burger.
Delicious soft flour tortillas can be made at home too. They take a little longer, make a little mess, and require some more effort but they are delicious. This recipe make twenty so it’s enough for some tacos and then I use the rest to make freezer burritos.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder together until well combined.
- Mix in oil and water until combined.
- Turn mixture onto floured surface and knead for 3 to 8 minutes.
- Divide dough into 20 pieces and form pieces into balls. Place in a bowl, cover, and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat skillet, griddle, or pan to medium-high.
- Roll each dough bad out to desired size and cook on griddle. Flipping until desired color is reached.
This is definitely not the type of thing I make often but I was having a really bad day and nothing cheers me up like making bread and something sweet. I had some bananas that were getting really ripe and I really didn’t want banana nut bread so I decided to combine cinnamon rolls, sticky buns, and banana nut bread. Just the smell alone was enough to perk me up.
I love the simple things in life and homemade bread is one of them. I just love the smell of bread baking and my mouth waters thinking about biting into a warm slice. Bread is a simple food that can take up a lot of time to make but once you perfect your method then you can enjoy it whenever you want.